Custom Material Handling Containers
Your material handling equipment should fit your process, not the other way around. Streator Dependable can replicate an existing design, modify one of our current designs to fit your specific needs or design a custom unit to fit your application. You will be amazed how the right steel storage containers for the job can improve production efficiency.
For more information on the terminology used in manufacturing and an overview of different types of units available, go to Containers 101.
Download more information on our heavy-duty forging containers and equipment – Forging Inside.
Adding Strength Using Corrugation
Metal forming and corrugating technology dates back 150 years and continues to be a relevant and viable option today. Many of the customers who contact us in search of corrugated metal storage containers are unfamiliar with the role that corrugations play in making stronger, more durable steel containers. Allow us to share what 70 years of manufacturing material handling containers has taught us. » Find out how corrugation will add strength to your containers.
Items to consider when designing your own custom container:
- How will material be loaded
- Will it fall into the containers?
- Will containers be stacked?
- Will containers handle extremely hot material and need to dissipate heat?
- How will the containers be emptied?
- Will the containers be used for shipment or in-house only?
- How much weight will be stored in container?
- Do they need to stack with existing units?
- How high will you stack them?
- Will you be shipping them in a truck?
- Will the containers store product or be stored in a manner where they will collect oil, water or other substances?
- Will they need to ride on a conveyor?
- Do you need any information stenciled or stamped on unit?
- Weight (average or actual
- Return to or property of information
- Sequential or part numbering information
- Do you need a card holder or placard to affix a label?
- Do you want the container painted?